PRP Stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. The human body has the capability to heal itself. PRP Injections have harnessed this tendency and accelerated the natural growth factors that the human body uses to heal itself.
The liquid portion of the blood is called Plasma. It is composed of water and proteins and provides a medium for various blood contents to pass through the body. On the other hand, Platelets also known as thrombocytes enable necessary healing factors like blood clotting.
PRP treatment uses injections of a certain concentration of Platelets in the patient’s own body. PRP therapy has gained widespread popularity in many cosmetic procedures and to treat hair loss, hair thinning, and support hair growth after a hair transplant.
PRP Treatment can be done alone or in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures depending on the goals.
There are no side effects of PRP Injection since they use the contents of the body’s blood and tissues.
Benefits of PRP Treatment for Skin and Hair:
PRP Injections offer numerous benefits for hair and skin. A few of them are listed below:
- PRP Injections boost collagen and elastin production, Collagen and Elastin are responsible for thickening and tightening the skin. Consequently, the texture and tone of the skin improve.
- The first sign of aging is usually seen under the delicate eye areas which cannot be treated with lasers or other procedures since they are very delicate and sensitive. However, by leveraging our PRP treatment these lines and wrinkles can be diminished without any adverse side effects.
- PRP Treatment addresses a very wide range of skin concerns like wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and saggy skin.
- It also unclogs your pores and retains the moisture of your skin. Thus eliminating blackheads, dry patches, etc.
- PRP is a very effective treatment to restore hair growth. Furthermore, it is an effective treatment against hair loss caused due to various diseases such as androgenetic alopecia. It is widely used to treat male or female pattern baldness.
- PRP treatments have no side effects or downtime. It is a 100% painless procedure and you won’t have to go through any healing process as it uses your body’s natural elements. Moreover, you can have this treatment in conjunction with other cosmetic treatments as well.
- Although the results depend on various attributes including age, diet, and genetics, the results of PRP treatment are very long-lasting. They take 3 to 4 weeks to show results.
Firstly, a sample from your blood is taken and the protein-rich plasma is isolated to create the PRP. Next, it is centrifuged at high speed and the platelets are removed. The plasma is then concentrated to make it Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP. Then it is injected into the skin or scalp, using a syringe or microneedle.
How much does PRP cost with Precision Cosmetics Med Spa?